Are you looking for a Real Estate Internship?
Our Real Estate Internship and Future Leadership Programs are the best way to bridge the gap between going to school and landing a great job. Let Trinity help you develop your real estate experience during a short ten or twelve-week structured program designed and managed by the industry’s top professionals. At the end of your program, you’ll have relevant experience to help you decide if a career in property management is the right choice for you. But don’t just take our word for it…
I have had so much fun learning the Trinity culture!
“My favorite aspect of this internship is that every week is different and every week you get to acquire new skills. From leasing to regional rotation week, this experience has been nonetheless exciting, and it is an experience that I will grow from." - Amy Jimenez, Real Estate Intern
This internship program offers diversity!
“I was able to learn about many different areas of property management that I never expected to come across.” - Douglas St. Onge, Real Estate Intern
I have enjoyed seeing how each position works.
“My favorite aspect of the internship has been seeing how each property management role builds on the next. Understanding maintenance and leasing are essential to successfully manage any property.” - Nathan Winn, Real Estate Intern
Questions? I’d love to help
Campus Recruiter and Internship Program Coordinator
“If you are a current student with an interest in Real Estate and Property Management and would like to be considered for the 2020 internship program, e-mail me your resume today.”Email Me
Internship and Future Leadership Program Details
Our internships are organized for learning by combining in-class theory with real-world applications. Under the direct supervision of assigned mentors, the program will allow you to work side-by-side with our team of professionals to create a thriving and captivating living experience for renters across the country.
Summary and Responsibilities
Each year, we recruit approximately 25 to 30 interns from college campuses with an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. Advance your career knowledge in the ever-growing multifamily industry with an organization that is committed to excellent customer service and guided by our principles.
- Provide superior customer service
- Complete market surveys
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency of the leasing process
- Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth through the Fowler Internship Program
- Process maintenance requests
- Process accounts receivable
- Clerical and phone support
- Maintain digital and paper records
- Maintain a community calendar of scheduled events
- Completed pre-inspections to ensure rent readiness
- Demonstrate ability to resolve resident complaints
- Review the financial move out process
- Additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Community Manager
Real Estate Internship Program 10 Week Overview
- 1st Day - Company orientation and onboarding assignment
- 1st Week - Maintenance rotation mentored by Maintenance Supervisor
- 2nd Week - Leasing rotation mentored by Leasing/Sales Consultant
- 3rd Week - Leasing rotation mentored by Leasing/Marketing Manager
- 4th & 5th Week - Assistant Community Administration rotation mentored by Assistant Community Manager
- 6th & 7th Week - Community Manager rotation mentored by Community Manager
- 8th Week - Regional rotation mentored by Regional Manager
- 9th Week - Corporate office rotation (if a corporate office is not conveniently located, will repeat Community Manager rotation)
- 10th Week - Intern’s Choice (intern will have the opportunity to select which position or department they would like to spend the 10th week rotation within)
Real Estate Future Leadership Program 12 Week Overview
- 1st Week - Maintenance rotation mentored by Maintenance Supervisor
- 2nd & 3rd Week - Leasing rotation mentored by Senior Leasing Consultant
- 4th & 5th Week - Leasing rotation mentored by Leasing Manager
- 6th - 8th Week - Assistant Community Administration rotation mentored by Assistant Community Manager
- 9th & 10th Week - Community Manager rotation mentored by Community Manager or Area Manager
- 11th Week - Regional rotation mentored by Regional Manager
- 12th Week - Corporate office rotation (select leadership positions only) If a corporate office is not conveniently located, rotation will be selected by the program director
- Weekly review calls with Interns and Internship Director
- Weekly intern report to be completed by the Interns and their Community Manager Mentors
- Final intern survey, program and performance evaluation and exit interview
- At the completion of the future leadership program and based upon your program results, you will be given the opportunity to meet with the Internship Program Director and Executive VP to discuss open opportunities within Trinity Property Consultants for immediate or future full-time employment.
- 2020 Real Estate Internship Dates - May 26th- July 31st
- 2020 Future Leadership Program Dates – January 7th– March 27th and May 26th- August 14th
The intern will be required to sit regularly, stand, walk, talk, hear, and reach using feet, legs, back, arms, and hands. The intern may occasionally be required to climb. The intern will be required to work at a personal computer and talk on the phone for extended periods of time. Must possess the ability to detect auditory and/or visual alarms and be available to work extended/flexible hours and weekends as needed.
- Internship may require availability to work some nights and weekends. Regular attendance and active participation at company functions and events may also be required.
- Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions, and use all on-site resident management software functions.
Skills include an excellent ability to address the needs of community members, prospects, and vendors. Other essential skills include but are not limited to:
- Handle high stress situations effectively
- Exhibit strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior collection skills
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize wisely
- Customer service orientation
- Strong sales abilities
- Knowledge of state law as it relates to fair housing
- Intermediate computer and internet knowledge, printers, telephones, fax machines, and photocopier
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Learning and Development
- Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth
- Enrolled in a 4-year accredited property management program and completed freshman year requirement
- 1-year of customer service work experience preferred
- Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions, and become accustomed to property management software
Interns Professional Expectations'
- Always be professional
- Demonstrate punctuality, perfect attendance and a positive attitude
- Be dependable, organized and make good judgments
- Display the initiative and the ability to learn
- Maintain a good working relationship with peers